CHERRY SORBET CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE SANDWICHES: GLUTEN FREE, DAIRY FREE, EGG FREE AND REFINED SUGAR FREE (PALEO AND VEGAN OPTIONS TOO)
WHO DOESN’T LOVE AN ICE CREAM SANDWICH!
One that tastes great and is GOOD FOR YOU! BIG BONUS!!!!
The NUTRIENT BREAKDOWN- See this Video on YouTube for more information!
- Almonds- High in healthy fats, protein, fiber, Vitamin E (great antioxidant and for skin), Magnesium (calming, great for GI health)
- RAW LOCAL Honey- NOT for children under 2 years old. Honey in general is calming to the Nervous System BUT RAW is great for antioxidant, inflammation/Immune Boosting (specifically if you are struggling with local allergen, a natural anti microbial. Full of minerals.
- Coconut Oil- I use Refined here because I don’t want the added coconut flavor. Coconut oil is a great fat if you tolerate it. A bit controversial, it has potential to lower bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol. An antimicrobial that is great for your metabolism.
- REAL Maple Syrup- High in minerals. All natural unrefined sugar!
- Raw Cacoa (if using Hu Gems) – High in antioxidants and Magnesium. Great for Immune support and very calming to the Nervous System.
- Cherries- High in Melatonin (natural sleep aid), anti Inflammatory clearing joints and decreases pain/inflammation in the joint. Excellent to prevent and treat Gout (Clears the excess Uric acid in the joints). Look at that color…ANTIOXIDANT and IMMUNE support! So it helps with oxidative stress damage in the body.
- Oats- High in fiber, minerals, vitamins. Great for skin and digestion.
- Gelatin- High in protein, great for joints, skin, hair, nails, digestion.
A healthier treat without the guilt!
ENJOY! STAY IN TOUCH. SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER BELOW!
Paleo Cherry Sorbet-
2 1/2 cups frozen Cherries- YOU WANT ABOUT 2 CUPS PUREED
2/3 cup WARM water to bloom 1-2 tsp Gelatin, NON GMO, Organic, Grass Fed (Vital Nutrient or Great Lakes)
1/3 cup WARM water to dissolve raw honey (NOT FOR THOSE UNDER 2 YEARS OLD) or generic, pasteurized honey
1 Tsp Vanilla
1/8 Tsp Almond Extract
Pinch of Sea Salt
2 Tsp alcohol for texture and flavor. I used 1 Tsp each Amaretto and Vodka. (Optional)
- Mix all ingredients in VitaMix until smooth and spin in Ice Cream maker for about 15 minutes.
3) Place in Freezer for at least 3 hours. DEVOUR!