Seed Cycling is one of my favorite ways to EAT MY MEDICINE! By incorporating the correct seeds at the appropriate times in your cycle, you can help with PMS, Perimenopause, Post menopausal symptoms. THIS RECIPE IS FOR EVRYONE NO MATTER IF YOU ARE STILL CYCLING, HAVE IRREGULAR CYCLES, POST OR PERIMENOPAUSE, PCOS, ENDOMETRIOSIS, PARTIAL OR FULL HYSTERECTOMY….FOR EVERYONE!
THIS RECIPE WITH ALL THE INFO AND ADD INS SUPPORTS YOUR ENTIRE BODY. READ MORE!
IF THAT ISN’T ENOUGH, YOUR HAIR SKIN AND NAILS WILL LOOK AND FEEL AWESOME! 🙂
This is adapted from my Make your Own Chocolate Blog Post on my Blog.
Chocolate: 7 TRUFFLES.
1/4 c EACH coconut oil, as a solid, not pre-melted and cocoa butter, as a solid, not pre-melted (I promise it’s worth it to invest in the cocoa butter) PLEASE NOTE 1 oz Coconut and Cocoa Butter- This is the best way to measure for consistency!
1/2 c raw cacao powder (full of magnesium and antioxidants)
1-3 Tbl of maple syrup or any other natural sweetener (Raw Honey, Coconut sugar, Date sugar, Stevia, mokfruit…) Play with this amount and adjust the sweetness to your liking. This amount was I would say equivalent to a 70% cocoa content bar.
1/2 tsp vanilla or 1/8 tsp almond (you can add a drop or two of any food grade Essential oil )*see below for variation and info)
1/4 tsp himalyan salt
7 TBL of raw, ground seeds (*see info below)
*Other add ins- See below
1) Melt the oils.
2) Add remaining ingredients and add ins. Scoop into 7 lined mini cupcake.
3) Let it set in the fridge for an hour. 15 minutes in freezer. . Store in an airtight container in fridge or freezer.
4) Enjoy 1 a day. Or you can have half in the morning and half mid afternoon.
* Day 1 or First day of bleeding until Ovulation (around Day 14)- 1-2 TBL RAW GROUND PUMPKIN, FLAX, Chia, HEMP. Either one of a combo of the seeds. Day 15- Bleed- RAW, GROUND SESAME AND OR SUNFLOWER.
* IF YOU NO LONGER BLEED FOR ANY REASON OR HAVE IRREGULAR CYCLES- FOLLOW THE MOON- DAY 1 NEW MOON. DAY 15 FULL MOON.
* For Detox, Anti Oxidants, Immune Support- Amazing Grass Raw Powder (they have lots of other great powders to explore!
* For Adrenal, Digestive, Immune, Nervous System support- Stamets 7 Great company lots of options.
* For Blood Sugar Regulations, Emotional support, Ovarian function, Hormone regulation- Myo-Inositol ( or B8)
* Spices- Cinnamon, Cardamom, nutmeg, Allspice, Ginger, Tumeric…this family of culinary spices are great for inflammation, digestion, high in anti-oxidants…great favors to play with. 1/8-1/4 tsp for each recipe to your liking.
- Spices/herbs that are particularly great for hormones- Fennel- Either ground seeds or this 1 drop of this oil.
- Licorice (amazing for adrenal, immune, anti viral and gut health too) is GREAT. Try this supplement. NOT FOR HYPOTHYROID AND HYPERTENSIVE PATIENTS. CHECK DR FIRST!
- Begamot- Great for hormones, calming, Digestion- Try this oil.
- Citruses are high in antioxidants and are uplifting. Many options with flavorings.
* Other options- Nuts and more seeds (vitamins, minerals, fiber, protein…), Granola check out this link, favorite cereal, cocoa nibs, Goji (great for blood building, anti oxidants, relaxing, heart health), Protein Powders, Collagen powders like any of these.
- Possibilities are ENDLESS!
- The More “stuff you put in, the crunchier it will be.
- If you just add flavors and the ground seeds, it will be more like a creamy truffle.
- If you are watching your calories, do a half batch of the chocolate but still put in your 7 TBL of ground seed cycling seeds. Crunchier but just as yummy!